These Terms provide that all disputes between you and Guardian TND or our Monitoring Company will be resolved by BINDING ARBITRATION. YOU AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT (INCLUDING IN A CLASS ACTION PROCEEDING) to assert or defend your rights under this contract, except for matters that may be taken to small claims court. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury, and your claims cannot be brought as a class action. Please review the “Dispute Resolution and Arbitration” section below for the details regarding your agreement to arbitrate any disputes with Guardian TND and the “Requirements for Resolving Disputes” section below for the details regarding your agreement to arbitrate any disputes with our Monitoring Company.
The parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Guardian TND Service Overview and Software License
Grant of License. Guardian TND grants you a revocable, nontransferable (except as provided below), personal, nonexclusive license to use the object code version of the application portions of the Site for use on your mobile device and the products you purchase from us. You may not install or use the application portions of the Site on a device that you do not own or control.
• Limitations on Copying and Distribution. You may not copy or distribute the Site except to the extent that copying is necessary to use the Site for purposes set forth herein.
• Limitations on Reverse Engineering and Modification; APIs. You may not (i) access or use the application programming interfaces (“APIs”) for any purpose other than your licensed use of the Site or (ii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create works derivative of the Site, except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law.
• Sublicense, Rental and Third Party Use. You may not assign, sublicense, rent, timeshare, loan, lease or otherwise transfer the Site, or directly or indirectly permit any third party to copy and install the Site on a device not owned and controlled by you.
• Proprietary Notices. You may not remove any proprietary notices (g., copyright and trademark notices) from the Site or its documentation.
• Use in Accordance with Documentation. All use of the Site must be in accordance with its then current documentation, if any, provided with the Site or made available on the Site.
• Confidentiality. You must hold the application portions of the Site and any related documentation in strict confidence for your own use only.
• Compliance with Applicable Law. You are solely responsible for ensuring your use of the Site is in compliance with all applicable foreign, federal, state and local laws, and rules and regulations.
No Medical Advice
Guardian TND does not provide medical advice or care. Emergency Service Providers are not contracted or employed by Guardian TND. The Emergency Service Providers, and not Guardian TND, are responsible for the quality and appropriateness of the care they render to you.
The Emergency Service Providers are independent of Guardian TND and are merely using the Site as a way to communicate with you. Any information or advice received from an Emergency Service Provider comes from them alone, and not from Guardian TND. Your interactions with the Emergency Service Providers via the Site are not intended to take the place of your relationship with your regular health care practitioners or primary care physician. Neither Guardian TND, our Monitoring Company, nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or any third party who may promote the Site or Service or provide a link to the Service, shall be liable for any professional or other advice obtained from an Emergency Service Provider via the Site or Service, nor any information obtained on the Site. Guardian TND does not recommend or endorse any specific Emergency Service Providers, tests, physicians, medications, products, or procedures. You acknowledge that your reliance on any Emergency Service Providers or information delivered by the Emergency Service Providers via the Site or Service is solely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for all risks associated herewith.
Guardian TND does not make any representations or warranties about the training or skill of any Emergency Service Providers who deliver services via the Site or Service. You will be provided with available Emergency Service Providers based solely on the information you submit to the Site. You are ultimately responsible for choosing the appropriateness of using a particular Emergency Service Provider.
The content of the Site and the Services, including without limitation, text, copy, audio, video, photographs, illustrations, graphics and other visuals, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or recommendations of any kind by Guardian TND. You should always seek the advice of your qualified health care professionals with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your individual needs and any medical conditions. All information provided by Guardian TND, or in connection with any communications supported by Guardian TND, is intended to be for general information purposes only, and is in no way intended to create a provider-patient relationship as defined by state or federal law. While Guardian TND facilitates your selection of, and communications with, Emergency Service Providers, Guardian TND does not provide medical services, and the doctor-patient relationship is between you and the Guardian TND Medical Group Emergency Service Provider you select, converse with, or otherwise engage with.
By using the Services, you acknowledge the potential risks associated with telecommunication and emergency response services. These include but are not limited to the following: information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g. poor resolution of audio) to allow for appropriate response by our Monitoring Company and medical or health care decision making by the Emergency Service Provider; delays in evaluation or treatment could occur due to failures of electronic equipment; a lack of access to your medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors; although the electronic systems we use incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the privacy and security of health information, those protocols could fail causing a breach of privacy of your health information.
3. Accounts and Registration
3.1 To access most features of the Service, you must register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself, such as your e-mail address, phone numbers or other contact information. You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times. Your account information will also include any other information (which may include personally identifiable information or health-related information) that you enter into or provide to the Service. When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us at letschat@Guardian TND.com.
3.3 By creating an account, you agree that Guardian TND, our Monitoring Company, and Emergency Service Providers may contact you at the number you have provided, including calls, to receive informational, Services related (e.g., progress tracking, response to inquiries and requests, etc.) and marketing communications relating to the Site and Services. You can opt-out of receiving further calls from us by contacting letschat@Guardian TND.com. Please note, that by withdrawing your consent, some Site features and certain Services may no longer be available to you. You also agree that if another individual registers and validates a phone number that you had previously registered, the phone number will be removed from your account and assigned to the other individual.
3.4 You must confirm, at least once every six (6) months, that the information within your account is accurate. Failure to do so may prevent your ability to use the Service.
3.5 You agree your account will only include information about adults or children for whom you have appropriate legal responsibility or appropriate prior consent, and that the account does not infringe or invade the privacy of anyone.
3.6 You understand and agree that you are the only person authorized to create or edit your account, unless you have authorized another person to use your username and password to enter or modify your account on your behalf. You authorize Guardian TND to release any or all of your account information to any person to whom you have provided the username and password associated with your account or phone number.
3.7 You understand and agree that once the content of your account is made available to our Monitoring Company and Emergency Service Providers, it may be transmitted over unsecured radios or may otherwise be made accessible through unsecured communications as part of the information disseminated to or by our Monitoring Company and Emergency Service Providers responding to a 9-1-1 call or to an emergency. You further understand that the content of your account may be stored as part of a public record associated with an emergency call if required by local statutes.
3.8 If you are a Subscriber, you understand and agree and hereby authorize Guardian TND to release and disclose your account information to our Monitoring Company and Emergency Service Providers and Users in connection with the Service. If you are an Emergency Service Provider or User, you understand and agree and hereby authorize Guardian TND to release and disclose your account information to Subscribers in connection with the Service.
3.9 As part of your account, you may have identified additional contacts or additional persons in your household (”Additional Contacts”). If you are a Subscriber, you understand and agree that Guardian TND, our Monitoring Company, or any Emergency Service Providers may, for reasons outside their control, be unable to contact or to notify any Additional Contacts in any emergency situation. If you are an Emergency Service Provider or User, you understand and agree that Guardian TND may, for reasons outside their control, be unable to contact or notify any Additional Contacts of any information relating to your use of the Service.
Access to the Service, or to certain features of the Service, may require you to pay fees. Before you pay any fees, you will have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that you will be charged. All fees are in U.S. Dollars and are non-refundable. Guardian TND may change the fees for the Service or any feature of the Service, including by adding fees, on a going-forward basis at any time. Guardian TND will charge the payment method you specify at the time of purchase. You authorize Guardian TND to charge all sums as described in these Terms, for the Service you select, to that payment method. If you pay any fees with a credit card, Guardian TND may seek pre-authorization of your credit card account prior to your purchase to verify that the credit card is valid and has the necessary funds or credit available to cover your purchase.
If you purchase a subscription to the Services through the Site, your subscription is continuous and will be automatically renewed at the end of the applicable subscription period, unless you cancel your subscription before the end of the then-current subscription period by clicking here. If you cancel your subscription, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. Guardian TND may change the price for your Guardian TND subscription from time to time and will communicate any price changes to you in advance and, if applicable, how to accept those changes. Price changes will take effect at the start of the next subscription period following the date of the price change. Subject to applicable law, you accept the new price by continuing to use the Guardian TND subscription Services after the price change takes effect. If you do not agree with a price change, you have the right to reject the change by unsubscribing from the subscription prior to the price change going into effect.
You represent and warrant that if you are making online payments that (i) any credit card, debit card and bank account information you supply is true, correct and complete, (ii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit/debit card company or bank, (iii) you will pay the charges incurred by you in the amounts posted, including any applicable taxes, and (iv) you are the person in whose name the card was issued and you are authorized to make a purchase or other transaction with the relevant credit card and credit card information.
5. Your Content
5.1 Your Content Generally. Certain features of the Service may permit you to upload content to the Service, including medical information, messages, reviews, photos, video, images, folders, data, text, and other types of works (“Your Content ”) and to publish Your Content on the Service. You retain copyright and any other proprietary rights that you may hold in Your Content that you post to the Service.
5.2 Limited License Grant to Guardian TND. By posting or publishing Your Content, you grant Guardian TND a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, and distribute Your Content, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed). Guardian TND’s use of Your Content may be without any compensation paid to you.
5.3 Representations and Warranties Regarding Your Content. You are solely responsible for Your Content and the consequences of posting or publishing Your Content. By posting or publishing Your Content, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
1. you are the creator and owner of, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions, to use and to authorize Guardian TND and users of the Service to use and distribute Your Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in this Section 5 and in the manner contemplated by Guardian TND, the Service, and these Terms; and
2. your Content, and the use of Your Content as contemplated by these Terms, does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (iii) cause Guardian TND to violate any law or regulation.
6. Prohibited Conduct. BY USING THE SERVICE YOU AGREE NOT TO:
6.1 use the Service for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;
6.2 violate, or encourage others to violate, any right of a third party, including by infringing or misappropriating any third party intellectual property right;
6.3 post, upload, or distribute Your Content or other content that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate;
6.4 interfere with security-related features of the Service, including by: (a) disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use or copying of any content; or (b) reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code of any portion of the Service except to the extent that the activity is expressly permitted by applicable law;
6.5 interfere with the operation of the Service or any other user’s enjoyment of the Service, including by: (a) uploading or otherwise any disseminating virus, adware, spyware, worm, or other malicious code; (b) making any unsolicited offer or advertisement to another user of the Service; (c) attempting to collect, personal information about another user or third party without consent; or (d) interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide the Service, or violating any regulation, policy, or procedure of any network, equipment, or server;
6.6 perform any fraudulent activity including impersonating any person or entity, claiming a false affiliation, accessing any other Service account without permission, or falsifying your age or date of birth;
6.7 sell or otherwise transfer the access granted under these Terms or any Materials (as defined in Section 11) or any right or ability to view, access, or use any Material; or
6.8 attempt to do any of the acts described in this Section 6, or assist or permit any person in engaging in any of the acts described in this Section 6.
7. Third-Party Services and Linked Websites
Guardian TND may provide tools through the Service that enable you to export information, including Your Content, to third party services. By using one of these tools, you agree that we may transfer that information to the applicable third-party service. Third party services are not under our control, and we are not responsible for any third party service’s use of your exported information. The Service may also contain links to third-party websites. Linked websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their content.
8. Termination of Use; Discontinuation and Modification of the Service
If you violate any provision of these Terms, your permission from us to use the Service will terminate automatically. In addition, Guardian TND may in its sole discretion terminate your account on the Service or suspend or terminate your access to the Service at any time, with or without notice. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service) without notice to you. Guardian TND may decide to charge a fee for the use of all or certain features, Guardian TND will provide you with prior notice before such fees take effect. We will have no liability whatsoever relating to any change to the Service or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service. You may terminate your account at any time by contacting letschat@Guardian TND.com. If you terminate your account, or if your access to the Service is terminated for any other reason, then Guardian TND will no longer provide you with the Service or provide your account to our Monitoring Company and Emergency Service Providers. You remain obligated to pay all outstanding fees, if any, relating to your use of the Service incurred prior to termination. Guardian TND may retain Your Content or account information after your account is terminated.
9.2 Additional Terms. Your use of the Service is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Service or certain features of the Service that we may post on or link to from the Service (the "Additional Terms"), such as end-user license agreements for any downloadable software applications, or rules applicable to a particular feature or content on the Service, subject to Section 10 below. All Additional Terms are incorporated by this reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
10. Modification of these Terms
11. Ownership; Proprietary Rights
12. Claims of Copyright Infringement
We disclaim any responsibility or liability for copyrighted materials posted on our Site. If you believe that your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please follow the procedures set forth below.
Guardian TND respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), we will respond promptly to notices of alleged infringement that are reported to Guardian TND’s Designated Copyright Agent, identified below.
Notices of Alleged Infringement for Content Made Available on the Site
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through our Site by sending us a notice ("Notice") complying with the following requirements.
1. Identify the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
2. Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and that access to which is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site where such material may be found.
3. Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
4. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
"I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)."
"I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
5. Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
6. Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to our Copyright Agent:
Guardian TND Technologies Corporation
44 Stedman Street, STE 8
Lowell, MA 01851
Email: notices@Guardian TND.com
You agree that you will be responsible for your use of the Service, and you agree to defend and indemnify Guardian TND and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (together, the ”Guardian TND Entities”) from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (a) your access to, use of, or alleged use of, the Service; (b) your violation of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation; (c) your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity, confidentiality, other property, or privacy right; or (d) any dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of that claim.
14. Disclaimers; No Warranties
BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE THAT GUARDIAN TND CANNOT CONTROL THE MANNER IN WHICH EMERGENCY SERVICES ARE RENDERED, AND THEREFORE CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT EMERGENCY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR OUR MONITORING COMPANY WILL UTILIZE THE INFORMATION PROVIDED. NOT ALL EMERGENCY SERVICE PROVIDERS HAVE ACCESS TO THE SERVICE AND THE SERVICE MAY NOT BE UTILIZED BY OUR MONITORING COMPANY OR EMERGENCY SERVICE PROVIDERS THAT DO HAVE ACCESS.
USE OF THE SERVICE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SUBSCRIBERS, EMERGENCY SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR OTHER USERS. YOU WILL NOT RELY ON THE SERVICE AS THE SOLE MEANS BY WHICH YOU WILL COMMUNICATE INFORMATION TO SUBSCRIBERS, EMERGENCY SERVICE PROVIDERS, OUR MONITORING COMPANY OR USERS. GUARDIAN TND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF ANY SUBSCRIBER, EMERGENCY SERVICE PROVIDER, OR OTHER USER. GUARDIAN TND DOES NOT GUARANTEE DELIVERY OF ANY MESSAGE OR INFORMATION AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTION OR OMISSION BETWEEN OR AMONG USERS OF THE SYSTEM. GUARDIAN TND DOES NOT HAVE CONTROL OVER THE VOIP SERVICE, TELEPHONE SERVICE OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS NECESSARY FOR PROVIDING THE SERVICE AND ANY FAILURE DUE TO A THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF GUARDIAN TND.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MANAGING YOUR TELEPHONE SERVICE PROVIDER ACCOUNT, ACCOUNT SUBSCRIPTIONS, LOCATION TRACKING, AND OTHER OPT-IN STATUSES AS REQUIRED TO ALLOW THE SERVICES TO LOCATE AND COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PHONE. DEVICES THAT ARE LOCATION COMPATIBLE MAY NOT BE LOCATABLE BY THE SERVICE OR THE TELEPHONE SERVICE PROVIDER AT ALL TIMES. ANY LOCATION PROVIDED IS APPROXIMATE AND DOES NOT PROVIDE GUARANTEED RESULTS.
THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE GUARDIAN TND ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. THE GUARDIAN TND ENTITIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY PROHIBIT A DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
15. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE GUARDIAN TND ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY GUARDIAN TND ENTITY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE GUARDIAN TND ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF: (A) THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO GUARDIAN TND FOR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE CLAIM; OR (B) $100.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17. Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
17.1 Generally In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Guardian TND in the most expedient and cost effective manner, you and Guardian TND agree that every dispute arising in connection with these Terms will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Our agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of these Terms. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND GUARDIAN TND ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
17.2 Exceptions. Despite the provisions of Section 17.1, we both agree that nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of either of us to: (a) bring an individual action in small claims court; (b) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (c) seek injunctive relief in a court of law; or (d) to file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
17.3 Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and Guardian TND will be governed by the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by these Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting Guardian TND.
17.4 Notice; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other, by certified mail or Federal Express (signature required), or if we do not have a physical address on file for you, by electronic mail ("Notice"). Guardian TND's address for Notice is: 44 Stedman Street, Unit 8, Lowell, MA 01851. The Notice must: (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). We agree to use good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if we do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Guardian TND may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or Guardian TND must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. If our dispute is finally resolved through arbitration in your favor, Guardian TND will pay you the highest of the following: (i) the amount awarded by the arbitrator, if any; (ii) the last written settlement amount offered by Guardian TND in settlement of the dispute prior to the arbitrator’s award; or (iii) $1,000.
17.5 Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, Guardian TND will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $10,000, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in Massachusetts County, Massachusetts, but if the claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (a) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (b) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (c) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse Guardian TND for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
17.6 No Class Actions. YOU AND GUARDIAN TND AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Guardian TND agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
17.7 Modifications. If Guardian TND makes any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to Guardian TND's address for Notice), you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Guardian TND's address for Notice, in which case your account with Guardian TND will be immediately terminated and this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the amendments you reject will survive.
17.8 Enforceability. If Section 17.6 is found to be unenforceable or if the entirety of this Section 17 is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 17 will be null and void and, in that case, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any claims will be in state or federal courts located in and for Miami, Florida.
18. Consent to Electronic Communications
CAN-SPAM Act and Telephone Consumer Protection Act Compliance
Guardian TND is committed to being compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (“CAM-SPAM ACT”) and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”). You consent to receive text messages from us as set forth in this Section 18 and Section 3.3 above. Emails, newsletters, and text messages received from us are intended to fully comply with the CAM-SPAM ACT and the TCPA. In the event you receive an email or text message from us which you do not believe is fully compliant with the CAN-SPAM ACT or the TCPA, please contact us immediately at the address listed below under the section “Contact Information.”
You shall not use or permit any of your employees, agents, or affiliates to market, promote, or solicit Guardian TND products or services in ways that would violate the CAN-SPAM ACT, the TCPA or any other laws. You shall not infringe on the rights of others; distribute chain letters or unsolicited bulk electronic mail (“spamming”); propagate computer worms or viruses; use a false identity; attempt to gain unauthorized entry to any site or network; or infringe copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights.
You further agree to comply with U.S. export laws concerning the transmission of technical data and regulated materials via the Internet. You agree to indemnify and hold Guardian TND and its affiliates harmless for any and all acts found or suspected to be in violation hereof. You shall indemnify and hold Guardian TND and its affiliates harmless against and from losses, damages, costs, and reasonable attorney fees incurred in defending or resolving any suits brought against Guardian TND or any of its affiliates by anyone arising out of any alleged violation of any anti-spamming rules, regulations, laws, statutes. Your Account will be terminated for any of the above infractions.
19. Online Services Associated with the Guardian TND Application
The application portions of our Site may be used to access certain online services. In some cases, you will not receive a separate notice when the Guardian TND application connects to those services. Using the Guardian TND applications constitutes your consent to the transmission of standard device information (including, but not limited to, technical information about your device, system, and application software) to those services. Your use of those services may be governed by additional terms and conditions. Using the online services will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by those additional terms and conditions, if any. You may not use any online services in any way that could harm those services, disrupt their operation, or impair any other user’s use of those services or the wireless network through which they are accessed. You may not use the online services to gain unauthorized access to or use of any service, data, account, or network by any means.
20. Application Support; Functionality
All questions and requests relating to Site support must be directed to Guardian TND. To submit a support request, please email us at support@Guardian TND.com. The Select Third Parties, as defined in Section 22, are not responsible for providing support for the application portions of the Site and may not be contacted for support. Guardian TND will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to questions and provide support during the hours of 9am to 5pm (EST) Monday through Friday. Please note that we may change or remove functionality and other features of the Site at any time, without notice.
21. Modified Devices and Operating Systems
Guardian TND will have no liability for errors, unreliable operation, or other issues resulting from use of the Site on or in connection with rooted or jail broken devices or use on any mobile device that is not in conformance with the manufacturer’s original specifications, including use of modified versions of the operating system (collectively, “Modified Devices”). Use of the Site on Modified Devices will be at your sole and exclusive risk and liability.
22. No Liability for Select Third Parties
23. Location-Enabled Features
Certain location-enabled functionality made available on the Site is provided by Google Inc., Apple Inc., and other third party providers. Your use of that functionality may be subject to additional terms and conditions (as updated from time-to-time): http://www.google.com/intl/en-US_US/help/terms_maps.htmland https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/maps/terms-en.html. You must exercise your own judgment as to the adequacy and appropriateness of the information. All location-based information is provided entirely “as-is,” without warranties of any kind. Guardian TND makes no guarantees or warranties regarding the accuracy of any maps or location services on the Site. You are ultimately responsible for your own navigation and safety while using the Site.
24. Contact Information
The Service is offered by Guardian TND Technologies Corporation, located at 44 Stedman Street, Unit 8, Lowell, MA 01851. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at letschat@Guardian TND.com. If you are a California resident, you may have these Terms mailed to you electronically by sending a letter to the address above with your electronic mail address and a request for these Terms.
Mobile Monitoring Terms
Guardian TND may use one or more third-party service providers to provide monitoring, communications, signal transmission services or other services. To the extent permitted by law, the limitations of liability and dispute resolution terms and conditions set forth in these Mobile Monitoring Terms (“Agreement”) shall apply to the services provided by third-party service providers in connection with this Agreement, and shall apply to them and protect such third-party service provider in the same manner as it applies to and protects Guardian TND.
IMPORTANT - BY USING THE SERVICES, INCLUDING USE THROUGH A THIRD-PARTY APPLICATION, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT PERIODICALLY. BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT AND CONTINUING TO USE THE SERVICES YOU ARE ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, AND ANY UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE THAT LIMITS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT PROCEED ANY FURTHER WITH REGISTRATION FOR THE SERVICES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT IS TO CEASE USING THE SERVICES.
1. SIGNAL RESPONSE
Upon receipt of an alarm signal (“Signal”) from you at 's central monitoring center, may, at its sole discretion, attempt to contact you and/ or anyone on your emergency contact list (if applicable) using the data provided by Guardian TND, to confirm that the Signal requires action and is not a false alarm. If (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) does not contact you and/or someone on your emergency contact list (if applicable), or if (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) questions the response it receives upon such contact, then (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) will attempt to notify the appropriate police department, medical response services or fire department if authorized by you and not otherwise prohibited by law. You agree that the very nature of Signal response, regardless of any delay, involves uncertainty, risk and possible serious injury, disability or death, for which you will not attempt to hold (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) responsible or liable; and that the actual time required for first responders to arrive at your premises and/or to transport any person requiring medical attention is unpredictable with many contributing factors, including telephone network operation, distance, weather, road and traffic conditions, alarm equipment function and human factors both within and outside of (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)'s control. The person(s) identified on your emergency contact list (if applicable) are authorized to act on your behalf. Local laws, ordinances or policies may restrict (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)'s ability to provide the Signal monitoring and response services described herein. (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) employs a number of industry-recognized measures to help reduce occurrences of false alarms. These measures include, but are not limited to, various procedures at (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)'s central monitoring center to determine when and how to respond, if at all, to certain Signals. You consent to (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)'s use of these measures. Upon receiving notification that a Signal has been received by (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) from you, the police department, fire department or other responding authority may forcibly enter your premises or the premises from which your signal originates.
2. LIMITATIONS ON (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)’S LIABILITY
• NO WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE THAT (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) MAKES NO GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO YOUR DEVICE(S) OR TO THE SERVICES (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) PERFORMS. YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IS SET FORTH IN SECTION 2(d) (EXCLUSIVE REMEDY) BELOW. SOME STATES MAY NOT ALLOW THE PARTIES TO A CONTRACT TO LIMIT THE LENGTH OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY. THE LAWS OF THE STATE WHERE YOU RESIDE WILL DETERMINE WHETHER THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY.
• INSURANCE; WAIVER OF SUBROGATION. YOU AGREE THAT (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) IS NOT AN INSURER AND THAT (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) IS NOT PROVIDING YOU WITH INSURANCE OF ANY TYPE. ANY AMOUNTS YOU MAY PAY GUARDIAN TND, (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) OR A THIRD PARTY FOR USE OF THE SERVICES ARE NOT INSURANCE PREMIUMS AND ARE NOT RELATED TO THE VALUE OF YOUR LIFE, PROPERTY, ANYONE ELSE’S LIFE OR PROPERTY IN YOUR CUSTODY OR LOCATED IN YOUR PREMISES OR ANY RISK OF LOSS OF THE AFFOREMENTIONED. INSTEAD, THE AMOUNTS YOU MAY PAY ARE BASED SOLELY UPON THE VALUE SERVICES (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) PROVIDES AND UPON THE LIMITED LIABILITY (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) ASSUMES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU WANT INSURANCE TO PROTECT AGAINST ANY RISK OF LOSS OF YOUR LIFE, PROPERTY, ANYONE ELSE’S LIFE OR PROPERTY, YOU WILL PURCHASE IT. IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, YOU WILL LOOK EXCLUSIVELY TO YOUR INSURER AND NOT TO (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) TO COMPENSATE YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR SUCH EVENT OR LOSS. YOU RELEASE AND WAIVE FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR INSURER ALL SUBROGATION AND OTHER RIGHTS TO RECOVER AGAINST (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) ARISING AS A RESULT OF THE PAYMENT OF ANY CLAIM FOR LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY ARISING OF THIS AGREEMENT.
• NO GUARANTEE; NO LIABILITY.YOUR DEVICE(S), EQUIPMENT, (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)’S SERVICES, AND/OR YOUR USE OF (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)’S SERVICES DO NOT CAUSE AND CANNOT ELIMINATE OCCURRENCES OF THE EVENTS THEY ARE INTENDED TO DETECT OR AVERT OR FOR WHICH NOTIFICATION IS PROVIDED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FIRES, FLOODS, BURGLARIES, TORTS, ROBBERIES, ASSAULT OTHER CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, AND MEDICAL PROBLEMS. (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) MAKES NO GUARANTY OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THAT YOUR DEVICE(S), (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)’S SERVICES, AND/OR YOUR USE OF (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)’S SERVICES WILL DETECT OR AVERT SUCH INCIDENTS OR THEIR CONSEQUENCES. (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) DOES NOT UNDERTAKE ANY RISK THAT YOU OR YOUR PROPERTY, OR THE PERSON OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS, MAY BE SUBJECT TO INJURY OR LOSS IF SUCH AN EVENT OCCURS. THE ALLOCATION OF SUCH RISK REMAINS WITH YOU, NOT (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES). YOU RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE OR BRING ANY CLAIM OF ANY TYPE AGAINST (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) OR ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS FOR LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE YOUR DEVICE(S) OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES).
• EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. IT IS IMPRACTICAL AND EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO DETERMINE THE ACTUAL DAMAGES, IF ANY, THAT MAY RESULT FROM A FAILURE BY (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) TO PERFORM ANY OF ITS OBLIGATIONS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU ATTEMPT TO HOLD (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY. IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION 2 (LIMITATIONS ON (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)’S LIABILITY), (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) IS FOUND LIABLE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) AND/OR YOUR DEVICE(S), (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)’S LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL BE LIMITED TO A SUM EQUAL TO 10% OF ANY AMOUNTS YOU MAY PAY FOR USE OF THE (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) SERVICES OVER LAST THE TWELVE MONTHS OR $500, WHICHEVER IS GREATER. THIS AGREED-UPON AMOUNT IS NOT A PENALTY. RATHER, IT IS YOUR SOLE REMEDY. UPON YOUR REQUEST, (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) MAY AGREE TO ASSUME LIABILITY BEYOND WHAT IS PROVIDED FOR IN THIS SECTION 2 BY ATTACHING AN AMENDMENT TO THIS AGREEMENT SETTING FORTH THE EXTENT OF (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)’S LIABILITY AND THE ADDITIONAL CHARGES TO YOU.
• APPLIES IN ALL CASES. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION 2 (LIMITATIONS ON (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)’S LIABILITY) APPLY NO MATTER HOW THE LOSS, DAMAGE, INJURY, OR OTHER CONSEQUENCE OCCURS, EVEN IF DUE TO THE PERFORMANCE OR NONPERFORMANCE BY (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) OF ITS OBLIGATIONS OR FROM NEGLIGENCE (ACTIVE OR OTHERWISE), STRICT LIABILITY, VIOLATION OF ANY APPLICABLE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY OR ALLEGED FAULT ON THE PART OF (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES), ITS AGENTS OR ITS EMPLOYEES.
• INDEMNITY BY YOU. IF ANY OTHER PERSON, INCLUDING YOUR SUBROGATING INSURER, MAKES ANY CLAIM OR FILES ANY LAWSUIT AGAINST (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) IN ANY WAY RELATED TO (1) YOUR DEVICE(S), EQUIPMENT, OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) TO YOU, OR (2) ANY INACCURACIES IN ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING ANY CONTACT INFORMATION, PROVIDED TO (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) IN ORDER FOR (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) OR ITS REPRESENTATIVE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU FOR ANY REASON (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IN REGARD TO THE (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) SERVICE), YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL SUCH CLAIMS AND LAWSUITS, INCLUDING THE PAYMENT OF ALL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES. YOUR DUTY TO DEFEND IS SEPARATE AND DISTINCT FROM YOUR DUTY TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS AND ARISES UPON THE ASSERTION OF A CLAIM OR DEMAND AGAINST (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) AND REGARDLESS WHETHER (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) HAS BEEN FOUND LIABLE OR WHETHER (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) HAS INCURRED ANY EXPENSE.
• TIME TO BRING CLAIM OR SUIT.NO SUIT OR ACTION SHALL BE BROUGHT AGAINST (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) AFTER THE SHORTER OF (1) ONE YEAR AFTER THE DATE OF THE LOSS, OR (2) THE SHORTEST TIME ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
• BENEFIT TO OTHERS. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION 2 (LIMITATIONS ON (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)’S LIABILITY) SHALL APPLY TO AND BENEFIT (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) AND ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, SUBSIDIARIES, DEALERS, AFFILIATES, PARENTS (BOTH DIRECT AND INDIRECT), AFFINITY MARKETERS, GUARDIAN TND, THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF YOUR DEVICE(S), AND ALL OTHER PARTNERS USED BY (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) IN PROVIDING THE SERVICES TO YOU.
3. REQUIREMENTS FOR RESOLVING DISPUTES
• Binding Arbitration. (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) AND YOU AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 3 (REQUIREMENTS FOR RESOLVING DISPUTES). Arbitration is a dispute-resolution process that does not involve a judge or jury. Instead, Disputes are decided by a neutral third-party arbitrator in a process that is less formal than court.
• Small Claims Court Allowed. (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) agrees not to elect arbitration if you file a Dispute in a small claims court in your state of residency so long as the Dispute is individual and non-representative in nature and remains exclusively as such in small claims court.
• Advanced Notice Requirement.Before initiating an arbitration or a small claims matter, you and (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) agree to first provide to the other a written “Notice of Dispute” that will contain: (a) a written description of the issue and the supporting documents and information, and (b) a specific request for money or other relief. A Notice of Dispute to (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) should be sent to: Litigation Department, (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) Security Services, 1501 Yamato Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431. (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) will mail a Notice of Dispute to the current address on your Account.
• Rules for Proceeding. You and (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) agree to make attempts to resolve the Dispute prior to commencing an arbitration or small claims action. If an agreement cannot be reached within forty-five (45) days of receipt of the Notice of Dispute, (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) or you may commence an arbitration proceeding or small claims action.
• Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding. If either you or (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) elects to arbitrate a Dispute, the Dispute shall be resolved by arbitration pursuant to this Arbitration Agreement and the then-current code of proceedings of the national arbitration organization to which the Dispute is referred. (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) or you may refer a Dispute to either the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”). If (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) elects arbitration and chooses one of the organizations to administer, you may object and automatically have the other organization administer the proceedings simply by notifying (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) of your objection in writing within 30 days of your receipt of (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)’s initial selection. To obtain a copy of the procedures, or to file a Dispute, you may contact the organizations at the following: (1) AAA, 335 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017, adr.org, and (2) JAMS, 1920 Main Street, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 92614, www.jamsadr.com.
• Law Governing Disputes. Because your transaction(s) with (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) involves interstate commerce, this Arbitration Agreement and any Dispute arbitrated hereunder shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). The JAMS or AAA code of procedures, as chosen, will govern the arbitration, but if there is a conflict between the applicable code of procedures and this Arbitration Agreement, this Arbitration Agreement shall control to the fullest extent permitted by the FAA. Unless otherwise agreed to by you and (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES), the arbitration will be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator at a location within the federal judicial district in which you reside. Upon your request, (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) will reimburse you for all filing and administrative fees required for initiating the arbitration. Otherwise, each party is responsible for its own respective costs and fees, including, but not limited to, attorney and expert fees. The arbitrator shall apply applicable substantive law and, upon the request of either you or (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES), issue a written explanation of the basis for the decision.
• Waiver of Litigation. IF EITHER YOU OR (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) ELECTS TO ARBITRATE A DISPUTE, YOU AND (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND TO OTHERWISE LITIGATE THE DISPUTE IN COURT. BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATE, YOU AND (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) MAY ALSO WAIVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT WOULD OTHERWISE BE AVAILABLE IN COURT. FURTHER, IF EITHER (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) OR YOU ELECTS TO ARBITRATE A DISPUTE, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF ANY CLASS ACTION RELATING TO THE DISPUTE. This means that all Disputes selected for arbitration will be arbitrated on an individual basis, between (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) and you only, without exception. A Dispute cannot be joined or consolidated with any other claim or action.
• Arbitration is Final. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having proper jurisdiction. EXCEPT AS FOLLOWS, THE ARBITRATOR’S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING. (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES) or you may appeal the arbitrator’s initial award to a three-arbitrator panel administered by the same arbitration organization upon written notice within 30 days of the initial award. The arbitration organization will notify the other party of the appeal. The panel shall consider any aspect of the initial award objected to by the appealing party and issue a decision within 120 days of the date of the notice of appeal. The majority decision by the three-member panel shall be final and binding. Any dispute regarding the applicability, enforcement or interpretation of Section 2 (LIMITATIONS OF (NOT APPLICABLE - WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY SERVICES)’S LIABILITY) or this Section 3 (REQUIREMENTS FOR RESOLVING DISPUTES) shall be resolved by a court having proper jurisdiction. This Arbitration Agreement will not prevent you from bringing a Dispute to the attention of any federal, state, or local government agency. This Arbitration Agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement.
All governed by the laws of the state of Florida and disputes will be all done in the courts located in Miami, Florida.